Magnolia, Texas (February 13, 2017) – The Magnolia ISD Board of Trustees approved the 2017 – 18 calendar during the regular board meeting on February 13.
The calendar was developed with the assistance of the District Educational Improvement Committee which is comprised of teachers, staff, administrators, parents, community members and business leaders.
Highlights of the calendar include:
• Dedicated teacher workdays at the beginning of school
• First day of school cannot be earlier than August 28 per state law
• Maintaining the week of Thanksgiving Break
• Christmas break includes 3 weekends
• Maintaining the last day of school before Memorial Day