Magnolia ISD has partnered with the Magnolia Rotary Club to bring a career fair to 8th grade students. The career fair is designed to assist students for selecting one of the career pathways offered at the high schools. Students will have the opportunity to speak with industry professionals and learn more about their jobs.
The career day is an expansion of the existing job shadow program the Magnolia Rotary Club has been sponsoring for the past several years. This year, the Rotary Club received a grant and solicited sponsorships in order to expand the existing job program. This year the students will attend sessions at their respective high schools.
- Wednesday, February 1, 2017
- 200 students (100 from Bear Branch Junior High and 100 from Magnolia Junior High)
- 4 endorsements (STEM, Business & Industry, Public Service, Arts & Humanity)
- Providing the students with career information; encourage them to research careers based on their interests and skills;
- Increase the student’s confidence by showing the relationship between school; performance and future careers;
- Bring real-world context and relevance; hands-on experience; and
- Conversational interactions with professionals.
Thank you to all of the sponsors who made this event possible: