In response to growing concerns over Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), Magnolia ISD schools will be closed March 16-20. Area Superintendents met Thursday, March 12th and made a unified decision for schools currently on Spring Break to remain closed next week. This is out of an abundance of caution to assist local authorities with efforts to halt the spread of disease in Montgomery County.
The closure affects all school activities including before and after school activities, all athletic and extracurricular practices and competitions, and weekend events. We will continue to provide any new updates on Magnolia ISD’s website, parent email/text, and district social media channels.
As a reminder, health officials are recommending local communities and schools to take the same simple everyday preventive actions used to help prevent the spread of viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
No additional precautions have been advised at this time. We will continue to monitor and respond accordingly as guided by local and national health officials.
Center for Disease Control https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
The Texas Department of State Health Services https://www.dshs.texas.gov/fluMontgomery County Public Health District https://mcphd-tx.org/