COVID Testing Site Information
Magnolia ISD will open a voluntary, free COVID-19 testing site for district employees and current MISD students. This is a voluntary testing option available to students and staff who develop symptoms of COVID-19.
The testing site is free of charge, and no appointment is necessary. Testing takes place on a first-come, first-served basis. The site will follow the Magnolia ISD district calendar and be closed during breaks and on holidays. *The site is open on Professional Development days.
The testing site is open Monday - Friday, 7-11a.m., and is located at the Magnolia Event Center, 11659 FM 1488 Magnolia, TX 77354.
Closed on holidays.
May 24th - 7 a.m. - 10 a.m.
CLOSED May 25 - 28
Starting on May 31, the clinic will be open on Mondays and Thursdays from 7 - 11 a.m. through the end of July.
The summer testing clinic will be available for summer school students and all staff working over the summer, including summer school teachers and any staff working during the summer. MISD employees who are working and on-duty this summer are eligible to utilize the COVID summer testing center. Students and staff who are home for the summer and not attending summer school and/or not on official duty are NOT eligible to utilize the summer testing clinic.
Release Forms: ALL staff and students wishing to be tested will need to bring a signed Release Form
What to expect at the testing site:
Step 1 - When to Test
Must be exhibiting active COVID-19 symptoms;
or you are under quarantine because of close contact
Step 2 - Pre-register
Step 4 - Guidance
Step 5 - Guidance
Step 6 - Guidance
Abbott BinaxNOWRapid Antigen Test:
This new school testing program is made available by the Texas Education Agency and the test used is the Abbott BinaxNOW Rapid Antigen Test. The BinaxNOW tests are significantly more accurate than the antigen tests currently available in our community. This test has a true positive rate of 97.1% and a true negative rate of 98.5% giving more accurate results within 15 minutes. If you choose to go to your own healthcare provider to get tested and the BinaxNOW test is not available, a PCR test is still required in order to return to school.
Updated Close Contact & Quarantine Guidelines
Close contact is defined as an individual being within 3 feet for longer than 15 minutes of someone who is positive for COVID-19.
If a child has had close contact with an individual who is lab-confirmed with COVID-19, the individual will be asked to test either that day or the following morning at the MISD Testing Site. If the individual refuses testing, the protocol of a 10-day quarantine will be enforced.
Once close contact is determined from a positive case, an individual will be asked to test – either that day or the following morning at the Magnolia ISD Testing Site. Until the individual is tested, close contacts will be required to leave campus. In situations where more than ten people are identified as close contacts, a member of the Magnolia ISD Testing Site may come to the school and test using verbal parent permissions obtained by the campus administration.
- If the test results are negative, the individual may return to school. For the following 10-day period, the individual will report on school days to the campus nurse office at the beginning of the day. The morning visit is to verify the individual continues to display no symptoms. Once verified the individual is without symptoms,
the individual may report to class/duty.
- If the test results are positive, the individual will go home for a minimum of three days. As early as the fourth day and without symptoms, the individual may retest:
- If the individual tests positive again, the remainder of a 10-day quarantine will be served.
- When a negative test is obtained within the 10-day quarantine period, the individual may return to school and will check in with the school nurse for the remainder of the 10-day period.
- If an individual refuses testing, the protocol of 10-day quarantine for close contact will be enforced.
- If an individual is tested at a location other than the Magnolia ISD Testing Site, a copy of the official results must be provided to the campus or Human Resources for employees. Magnolia ISD will accept any type of Covid-19 test as long as the administration of the test is conducted at a medically reputable site. At-home testing kits are not accepted.
If an individual tests positive at a different location other than the Magnolia ISD Testing Site, the individual must provide a copy of the results to campus administration for proper attendance accounting or Human Resources for employees.
An individual may be immune from close contact quarantine if the following conditions are met:
- the individual has tested positive for COVID in the last 3 months (90 days) or
- are fully vaccinated
COVID Notifications and Dashboard Changes
In a continued effort of transparency to our families and staff, we are updating our COVID-19 notification process. Instead of sending out daily COVID-19 notification emails by campus when a positive case is reported, positive cases will be posted by date and campus to the District's COVID-19 Dashboard. Parents can visit https://bit.ly/MISDDashboard to see the list of dates of positive cases for any campus in the District.