For more information on Magnolia ISD substitute expectations, procedures, and resources, please see the 2020-2021 Substitute Handbook
Steps to Become an Approved Substitute with MISD
In order to be employed as a district substitute, the following requirements must first be met. Please read and carefully consider your willingness to complete these steps before applying.
- Successful completion of the MISD online substitute application
- Clear background check (conducted electronically at the time of application.)
- Receipt of two professional references (requested electronically at the time of application.)
Candidates will be notified via email if they have been selected to advance to Stage 2 with further instructions.
- Either successful completion of MISD's fingerprinting procedure ($48 fee) or evidence of prior fingerprinting by the Texas Education Agency. Other agency fingerprints may not be used, i.e. CPS, license to carry, real estate license.
- Completion of New Substitute Packet (paperwork must be received by HR by the due date to receive an invitation to attend orientation) and review and acceptance of the Employee Handbook.
- Presentation of acceptable forms of ID for I-9 Employment Eligibility Form, social security card, official transcripts.
- Receive welcome letter with instructions on completing the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) form and Eduhero compliance training.
- Send completed Eduhero certificates to HR.
- Receive invitation to attend New Substitute Orientation (see dates in chart.)
- Candidate will receive access to TEAMS/Frontline Substitute Management Center and will need to register to review and electronically accept required documents to complete the hiring process.
- Visit the Education Support Center at 31141 Nichols Sawmill Rd. Magnolia, TX 77355 to be issued an employee ID badge (required to be on any campus.)
- Start substituting!