Student Services » Registration Information

Registration Information

Online Registration for new students is now available.

Step-by-Step Instructions are included at the bottom of the page.

Registration Requirements:


Students who are four years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year and meet one of the following criteria:

  • Unable to speak and comprehend the English language (Limited English Proficient*)
  • Economically disadvantaged (eligible for the National Free or Reduced Price Lunch Program)
  • Homeless
  • Parent is an active duty member of the armed forces of the U.S. including state or a reserved component of the armed forces ordered to active duty.
  • Parent was injured or killed while serving on active duty of the armed forces of the U.S. including state or a reserved component of the armed forces.
  • Child who has ever been in the conservatorship (foster care) of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing.
*To enroll as Limited English Proficient, the child must be present and administered a test to establish the child's level of English language proficiency.


  • Students who are five years old on or before September 1 of the current school year.

First Grade:

  • Must meet one of the following criteria:
    • Students must be six years at the beginning of the school year
    • Been previously enrolled in the first grade
    • Completed kindergarten in a public school in another state

All Students:

  • Each academic year a signed registration or enrollment form is required for every student.

Documents Required for Registration:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Proof of Residency within the district (Parent/Guardian name and address on: a current light, water, or gas bill or lease agreement)
  • Current Immunization Record
  • Proof of Identification (picture ID) of parent or legal guardian enrolling the student
  • Social Security Card (if available)
  • Transcript from previous school (for students with high school credit)
Magnolia ISD Documentation Needed for Pre-K Registration

Additional Document Needs:

  • Student is transferring from another district
    • Withdrawal form from previous school
    • Most recent report card from previous school
  • Student wanting intra-district transfer: see instructions below for submitting a transfer

Immunization Requirements:

For the most current information on school required immunizations, please visit