Magnolia ISD Pre-Kindergarten Program
Pre-K is an intervention program for four-year olds who have specific needs for schooling before the age of five when schooling begins for all students. Pre-K education in Texas is state-mandated and funded for students meeting the eligibility criteria. The program will focus on communication, pre-readiness concepts, and social/emotional development.
Which schools have Pre-K?
Bear Branch Elementary
Magnolia Parkway Elementary
Nichols Sawmill Elementary
Magnolia ISD provides a half-day prekindergarten program for qualifying students in both English and Spanish Bilingual instructional settings at these campuses.
Who can attend Pre-K?
To be eligible for enrollment in a prekindergarten class, a child must be 4 years of age on September 1 of the current year, and must meet one of the following criteria:
- is unable to speak and comprehend the English language
- is educationally disadvantaged
- is homeless
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States;
- is the child of a member of the armed forces who was injured or killed while on active duty
- is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing
Limited Language - To enroll as Limited Language Proficient, the child must be present and administered a test to establish if he/she can speak and comprehend the English Language.
Limited Income - Parents/guardians wishing to enroll their children based upon family income must bring verification of income level.
- Certified copy of the child's birth certificate
- Current immunization record
- Proof of income
- Proof of residence in Magnolia ISD (a lease agreement, tax records, light, water, or gas bill with your name and address is acceptable)
What are the goals of the Pre-K program?
- Become familiar and more proficient in the English language
- Experience developmentally-appropriate learning activities that prepare children for the requirements of kindergarten
- Experience cognitive development
- Expand competence in fine arts and motor development
- Broaden social and emotional development
Pre-K Parent Engagement
The goal of Magnolia ISD is to nurture each child’s social, emotional, and academic needs. It is the mutual responsibility of families, schools, and communities to build relationships that support student learning and achievement, family well-being, and the continuous learning and development of children, families, and educators.
Engaging families in their child’s learning helps create a foundation for the collaboration of mutual partners, embraces the individuality and uniqueness of families, and promotes a culture of learning that is child-centered, age-appropriate, and family-driven.
Throughout the year, your child’s teacher will provide families with information about family engagement opportunities. You may also visit your child’s campus website for further information on family engagement opportunities