Magnolia ISD Student Leadership Program
The Magnolia ISD Student Leadership Program is designed for junior and senior level students interested in an in-depth learning experience about government leadership. The program was founded in 2012 by Superintendent Dr. Todd Stephens who had the vision to create a unique learning opportunity for our future leaders. This is a two year program with a capstone service learning project during their senior year.
The mission of the program is to develop young leaders in the community to be well-informed and active citizens involved in serving the community in which they live.
- Prepare future leaders for civic and social responsibility.
- Connect Magnolia’s youth leaders with current leaders in government and business.
- Strengthen our democratic system of government by promoting civic engagement.
Student participants will...
- develop leadership skills,
- explore the leadership challenges associated with complex issues within the county and state,
- build lasting relationships with bright, motivated peers,
- meet with state, county and local elected officials; and
- discover ways to make a difference in the community.
- Visit to State Capitol
- Montgomery County Commissioner’s Court
- Montgomery County Court
- Meet with the Magnolia ISD School Board
- Senior year complete a service learning project
- Etiquette Training
The MISD Student Leadership Program applicant pool is chosen through a careful selection process based on the following:
- Academic record
- Teacher reference
- Junior level students
- 2 year commitment
Please contact your high school sponsor to apply.
Magnolia High School Campus Sponsor
Mrs. Brittany Marrs
Magnolia West High School Campus Sponsor
Mr. Jeremy Day