Enrollment & Transfers
If you are new and recently moved to Magnolia ISD, welcome! We are excited you are here.
As a new family in Magnolia ISD, the information below should provide helpful information on how to enroll your student(s).
Registration for the 2023-2024 school year opens April 4, 2023 for pre-k and kindergarten students and May 1, 2023 for all other new students.
Parents of current and returning students will need to complete the Annual Enrollment Verification, starting July 10 - 31, 2023.
Enrollment: If you are new to Magnolia ISD and are currently residing in the MISD attendance zones, you must register as a new student.
You do not need to enroll a student who attended Magnolia ISD last year. Any transitions from elementary to secondary will be automatic.
Parents of returning and current students will need to complete the Annual Verification Process each year.
Due to boundary scaling, some streets/street segments near or on the district boundary lines may appear to be inside (or outside) of the Magnolia ISD boundary. For confirmation of the school district in which an address is located, please refer to Montgomery County Appraisal District's (MCAD) website. (To execute the search on MCAD's website, you will need to know the address or property ID.)
Click on our School Site Locator to check your attendance zone.
Pre-K and Kindergarten Registration
Pre-K and Kindergarten Registration for the 2022-2023 school year opened online on April 30, 2022.
Kindergarten students must be five years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year.
If you are new to Magnolia ISD and are currently residing in the MISD attendance zones, you must register as a new student.
First Grade Requirements:
Must meet one of the following criteria:
- Students must be six years of age at the beginning of the school year
- Been previously enrolled in first grade
- Completed kindergarten in a public school in another state.
Transfers: Two types of transfers are available;
- Interdistrict Transfer - If you are in the process of purchasing/building a home that you do not yet reside in (must move in within 90 days)
- Intradistrict transfer - You reside within the Magnolia ISD attendance zones but are requesting to attend a different campus than where you are zoned to attend.