Annual Military Inspection
Annual Military Inspection Guidance & Information
Date: Thursday, 13 January 2022
Location: Magnolia HS Main Gym
Time: 8 - 10:50am (cadets should be here by 0710)
Please be seated by 8am
AMI is a mandatory event that all cadets must attend.
Parents/Guardians are cordially invited to attend the JROTC Annual Military Inspection (AMI) which will take place on Thursday, 13 January 2022. The ceremonial portion of the inspection is open to the public and will adhere to the following schedule:
8:00 - Parade the Colors & National Anthem (Main Gym)
8:10 - Personnel Inspection (Main Gym)
8:45 - Begin Platoon Drill Competition (Band Lot)
9:45 - Drill Teams' performances, Awards, Pass-in-Review (Band Lot)
10:50 - Ceremonial portion of the inspection concludes; battalion photo
The lead inspector for the AMI is the Area 8 Manager, CDR Mike Mullen, USN (ret)
Cadet AMI Info:
Thursday, 13 January 2022
All cadets report to the main gym at 7:10AM in complete uniform.
Uniform for AMI
1. Chiefs and Officers: Service Dress Blues and combination cover
2. All Other Cadets:
- Garrison Cap with anchor
- Khaki Shirt with ribbons, devices and name tags
- 3 medals maximum; one cord only (if qualified to wear)
- White crew neck t-shirt
- Belt and brass buckle (polished)
- Black Trousers
- Black Shoes (highly polished & shined)
- Black socks
3. Male cadets must have a haircut no more than 1 week old and adhere to the Cadet Field Manual's grooming standards
4. Female cadets will prepare their hair in accordance with the Cadet Field Manual and adhere to grooming standards (hygiene, jewelry, etc..).
5. A maximum of 3 medals and only 1 shoulder cord/lanyard is authorized to be worn.
Safety: All cadets should eat breakfast and be properly hydrated. Ensure that your knees are flexed while at attention to avoid feeling faint.